Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Kaye Collins at Whidby Island Weavers and Spinners Spin in

Happy Easter ! Jackie, Sonja and (Sinjeh Sp) we do knit too, not just eat.
Laurie was the first to finish a sock!



Heavenly, knitting while I'm getting my feet rubbed.




So many good things have happened in the last week. Wednesday March 28th was knitting at the Ashford Gallery. I got a special treat from one of our twisted sisters Jackie. She is a reflexalogist (Sp), and wanted to give me the works for helping her with her knitting, even though I was more than happy to help. Oh my, was that an experience I'll never forget. What a fun group, Sara of course, Jackie and her mother Sonya,Deb,Laurie, and I don't know how to spell her name, I'll have to find out. Then Friday Lonny and I left for the coast, went and saw Jens our son and had dinner with our other son Ely. Was good to see them and all was well. Then we stayed at Lonny's Moms' house. The next morning I was off to meet Vicki, Dorothy and Anna Rose for a day of spinning and catching up with each other at the Whidbey Island Weavers and Spinners Guild 36th Annual Spin In. Boy howdy were there lots of vender's there, selling everything you could think of that you might need to help make your spinning even more enjoyable. So we got there around ten thirty and the rest of the day went by so fast I couldn't believe it. One of the reasons it went by so fast was the guest lecturer Kaye Collins, who is an expert on camelids, these are camels, llamas and alpaca. She has a HGA sponsored certificate of excellence, level l &ll, in hand spinning. She was a great wealth of information and passionate about the subject. I really learned allot. Before we knew it it was time to say goodbye to Annie,Fonell,Anette,Mildred,Carol,Evelyn,Pam and our new friend Aurora. Before our goodbyes we got together for dinner in Oak Harbour, that was a great end to a great day. We had a beautiful ride home the weather was clear and sunny. I would like to thank Jay for making Vicki and I such a fab lunch and Vicki for the gift of a back pack and all the goodies she put inside. A great time was had by all. So now I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because Jens and my Grand daughter are arriving, and also my Dad is opening up his trailer for the summer season. My Dad is having a Birthday on Saturday, he will be 85. So lots to look forward to. Enjoy your Easter for those who celebrate it. Diana

No comments: