Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This one is for you Holly

The first weekend in September is the Okanagan County Fair. I was there all weekend demonstrating drum carding, I couldn't sit so I stood the whole time. I entered four things, and got blues on them all, but on this skein of your I also got a Reserve Champion. So now it's October and the temps are dropping. We've had twenty degree mornings already, which made my Dad decide it was time to go home for the winter. The fall colors have been really awesome this fall and we even had a little rain, it's only rain maybe a total of two days this whole year. So thanks to Holly for calling me and wondering if I had fallen off the face of this earth, I will be back to writing in my blog!
The garden was beyond our expectations! The Kids, Jens and Sam came back in August and we ate allot of things from the garden. Here's Sam with one of our mouth watering water melons, this was a volunteer from last year, we got three big ones. Lots of corn, beans and potatoes. Also in August Something went awfully wrong in my lower back, but it's coming around now just in time for knitting retreat, I can't hardly wait!

Got four of these monster towels off my loom! My friend Jackie from Lake Stevens came for a visit, and we got her started on weaving and had a great visit, and then early in August she came back for a weaving lesson with our esteemed leader Kay. I enjoyed our visit so much!


Jens and Sam came to visit the last week of July, Sam turned 11. We always have a good time. Love you Jens and Sam!








Hello to all my friends and family! It's been since the third of July since I've posted. So I'll just briefly with pictures do a run down of what I can remember about my summer. Well here's some fire works we watched at Brewster, they have this fab show right out in the Columbia River, we went with our friends Ray and Jenine, oh yeah, we also had a great meal at a Mexican restaurant there too.





1 comment:

Holly said...

So glad you are BACK! See you at the retreat! We are going on Wednesday.