Monday, November 19, 2007

What did I bring home on my fall vaction? Part Two

After we finally unloaded the car, we went our separate way, only because Katie stays on the top floor and I'm down on the second floor. When I walked in the building an old feeling comes over me, kind of like coming home, because there sat my friends of twenty years already there and waiting for me. There was Dorothy, who's birthday it was, and Carol, JoAn, Holly & Jan, my partners in knitting crime (if there is such a thing). We've been sharing this area together for a few years with another group. Now, you have to know there have been up to one hundred and fifty of us knitters at this retreat, and allot of them have been coming for as long as we have. So I get my chair all set up, and by the way I got this really nice new chair too, it has a table on the side and a bunch of pockets, I'm styling. Holly brought some home made soup, so we all decided to stay and eat that for dinner so we could catch up on the last year. I promised Lonny I would take care of my self, rest when I needed to and all that, well I told him when Dorothy says she going to bed then I will too. So when Dorothy said she was going to bed, I soon followed. In the morning, well let me not bore you with to many details, but we do get many of our meals there at the forts fairly new and very nice building were they have a restaurant feeling help your self cafeteria. Some of the most laughs we have have been there. As the days go on, and we have hit some new knit shops and some familiar ones, we continue to enjoy each others company, as we do every year and will continue to. When it's time to pack up and leave and take that group picture as we always do. I'm standing at the railing waving goodbye to my long time friends, all the emotions come and I'm thinking how lucky I am to be able to continue doing this every year. Crying comes easy, because I know it's going to a whole year before we do this again. So what did I bring home from my vacation? The sense of being cared for and loved, and knowing that because of something we have in common, knitting this will continue to bring us together year after year. Diana

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hey, we love ya back!