Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Knitting and Quilting in the Methow !






I have found in the last few days that people are under the impression that we're buried under several ft. of snow. It's not true, because what has been happening is the storms have been going from the north on the coast, then going south than taking a turn at the bottom of the state, then turning back north, on up to Spokane and Idaho. We here in north central Wa. have been getting the outer edge of these storms, we only have a few inches. Now yesterday we got more snow than any time since the snow's have began. Now yesterday was very strange, in that it snowed all day, but in the afternoon the sun came out, and the snow just came on down. You can't see the snow but this is a picture of it snowing and sunny at the same time, this is facing East. It wasn't twenty minutes later it started snowing really hard for about two hours, the sky got dark and you couldn't even see through the snow. Then we got about five inches, which was the most we have had accumulate in one day.

I'm really proud of myself, because of an idea I had to solve, and that was to make a design wall in my multipurpose room. When I did this in our house in Lake Stevens I just would use tacks or tape, but I really want to avoid using that sort of thing here. What I use is a plastic picnic table cloth and turn it so the flannel side is facing out. Then you can just put your fabric on it and it sticks. I still had to decide how I was going to do it without damaging the wall. Soon the idea flashed in my head, and I don't get many flashes except the menopause kind, well anyway back to the table cloth. I use a lot of those no stick, pull the tab hooks around the house, so I'll use those,and then I made button holes in the cloth and hung it up, and it still hanging there as of this morning. This picture is side ways but you get the idea, and I may mention the color is way off, my room is butter yellow, I might add that yellow is suppose to be the color of 2009!
Thought you might like this beautiful picture that Katie took a week of so before the snow's came, the sunsets here are just unbelievable!
Well the sun is out today here, I hope it's nice and sunny where you my be. L. Diana

2 comments:

Carol............. said...

My, my! You're just getting with the program! I can change your header to include knitting, weaving and quilting if you want...just don't add any more crafts or there won't be room! Let me know.

Holly said...

Love the quilt and the photo Katie took. Can I send you our snow? We got between 3-4 inches yesterday. This is getting disgusting. We are in the rain belt, NOT the snow belt!

I posted photos of my latest weaving project over on my Honeysuckle Loom blog -- http://honeysuckle-loom.blogspot.com/ It turned out okay but I don't know that I will do another one of these scarves.

Take care and KEEP blogging!