Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Timely (in good or bad time)

A local getting ready for winter
The ladies in the class!

What my quilt will look like when it's done


New table







I'm all ways amazed when it comes to good or bad timing, but I must say I've had some good timing lately. Remember our little visitor we had this last summer, Billy the bunny. Well I thought he was going to spend the winter here with us, but to tell you the truth, I really didn't want to take care of Billy through the winter, because it's just to hard with the cold and snow, changing frozen water etc. As much as I loved my bunnies when I had them, all these things that I didn't like to do came back to mind. Well one nice fall evening a week or so ago after dinner, I saw Billy and Jr. playing in the back yard, and went out to watch, so cute, but I was thinking that it's getting cold and I didn't have cage for him. Well not a half hour later, here came Jean @ Tyler, just taking a chance that they might catch Billy and take him home. So, I told them that I just saw him, so he must be close by. So I called him, he usually came when I would call, and sure enough there was Billy in a narrow wood shed, opened at both ends. So Jean and her son blocked Billy in till they caught him, took only a minute, he was just fine, but I could see it in his eye, that he was all ready missing his freedom. Ah, for me it was good timing that they came to get Billy, I was very happy and have visited him often. So my next, good timing, was when Vicki said she was going to take a class at Pacific Fabrics in Everett, so I thought that would be fun, and I needed some inspiration, so I checked on the class, thinking I would surprise her and show up for it. Well that was actually bad timing because I will be at Knitting retreat then. So I got on line and checked out our local quilt shop in Omack, Needlelyn Time. I found a great one day class and signed up for it. that was good timing because the class was starting in a week. The quilt is done by strip quilting, but the really groovy thing is the majority of the quilt strips are all ready cut, and you just have to pick a back ground fabric and a accent fabric. The strips that are cut come in what's called a jelly roll, and the color's match and the designs. So the class was fun, and I met some comical ladies from a town called Molson, which is on this side of the Canadian border, North of Oriville. This town also has one of the oldest ghost towns in the state of Wa. some day I'm going to go take a look see. Then there was another class member and that was Peg, she lives near Omack. Peg, was good timing for me, because she needed someone to go to a quilt show with her this Friday in Wenatchee, see how things work out. So sewing brings me to a resent good timing story. Do you remember about a year ago, I bought from one of my weaving friends a Singer Feather Weight Sewing machine? Well you all may already know this, but I didn't, the sewing machine has it's own table just for it. How did I learn this you ask? Well my dear friend Katie with her quick eyes and wit saw one at an antique shop in Montana, she called and left a message for me, that her and Rick found this Feather Weight Sewing Table, would I be interested? So I called her back, but the shop was far behind them, but that was a cool thing to learn about. Just this last Sunday Katie called and said "Rick and I have a surprise for you, we'll be over in an hour", Wow a surprise for me! Well they came and the surprise was truly a surprise. The same day they found the first table, they stopped in Reardan at another shop and can you believe the good timing, they found another table, the condition wasn't great, but they bought it and took it home, then Rick, a wood artist, took the time to finish the wood veneer and paint it around the edges, and some needed hardware. I am truly a lucky person, to have such good people for friends. Timing was good for my Dad today, he went home and missed the storm, but it was bad timing for me, I'll miss him terribly. Hope all your timing is good! L. Knits plenty Diana

3 comments:

Holly said...

Great to see you on the blogs! Love the table...am on retreat countdown here! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tied all your recent events together with the "good timing" theme. Sorry I missed talking to your dad before he left. But I am glad he missed the storm! The quilt is going to be stunning!!

Unknown said...

This will be a duplicate since I added it to the wrong post! :) Diana? Is that you? I found you on a google alert I have set up. So good to see you and Jackie, too! Send me an email - annette@pacificfabrics.com