Sunday, October 26, 2008

We took a fall trip up into Canada

The beautiful sights on Hwy 33 in Canada
Greenwood Canada

The beautiful scarf!


Life is good here in the Methow! We have had the best fall weather, and the colors have been out standing. Last Saturday the 18th Katie and I took a trip over to Omak for the spinning meeting at Mary's house, couldn't have pick a better day for it, the sun was shinning and I think it got up to 62, amazing isn't it. There were just a few of us there, some were knitting and some were spinning, it was a great sharing experience. I have a few skeins of hand spun I just didn't know what I was going to do with, because there just wasn't enough to really make a vest, and just a little to much to just make mittens or something like that, but I ended up making a scarf, and I'm happy I did it turned out very nice. I just did a simple Feather and Fan pattern, The colors from the painted roving really show well, and besides I needed something to take to knitting retreat, also I decided to knit a dickey, yes a dickey with some more hand spun and it's coming along well,I should be done wit it tonight Ths last week Lonny and I took a trip, we left on Tuesday just after noon, and went East then North on up to Osoyoos border crossing into Canada. We thought we better do this be for they require a passport, so we dorve along the west side of Lake Okanagan, What a beautiful lake, it reminds me of Lake Chelan only much bigger. We drove all the way up to Oliver, which is at the end of the lake. In between was Penticton Kelowna and various other small towns. I was surprised at the big cities, and all the building going on, many housing developments, not many cute quaint towns. We got to Vernon just as it was starting to get dark, turned and went back towards Kelowna nd found a place to stay. The next morning we got on hwy. 33 and headed south down to Kettle Falls border passing. In between these two places were lot and lots of mountain road. We went over Sherman pass, and another smaller one, but Sherman pass is impressive, around 7o20 ft. Boy your ears do some popping. There was one cute little town towards the end of the Canadian side called Greenwood. The town reminds me a little of Snohomish, really cute. Low and behold there was a great yarn store there, and it had really nice quality goods, so I picked up a couple of patterns, you see I'm getting into gear for Knitting Retreat. We got over the border and to Kettle Falls Wash, we had lunch and tryed to contact some friends of ours from Lake Stevens that moved there just before we moved, but sadly they weren't home. So we headed home, got home in time to talk to our Grand Daughter Sam. Love to hear from her any chance we get. Love you so much Sam! So this week I am gearing up for Knitting Retreat, in case you haven't noticed. Katie and I will be heading out Wednesday morning, hopping to get over the North Cross this year, seems in the past it's been close this time of year. So I'll have lots to tell you when I get back. We had a surprise this week end, Lonny's childhood friends were back here in the valley this week end, and we all went out for dinner at a newest cafe here in sunny Carlton, and the food was great and so was the company. The farm on the south side of us is own by the niece and her family of Lonny's child hood friends, and I have to say it's nice living next to a young family. Well I'll be back to blog you next week! L. Knits Plenty Diana

2 comments:

Jan said...

HI Diana,

Have a wonderful time at your retreat! I went to Brewster today and the trip there and back was phenomenal...Fall colors are at their peak.

Hugs,

Jan

Carol............. said...

Hey, Diana...missed your bolgging. I love the way you've always displayed your craft... on saddles, on snow, fences, etc. You're just so creative with that and have and are eye to eye with your camera! My pictures are stuff that I do with Photoshop or FreeHand MX. We all have our own talents..what FUN!! Oh, I joind your blog!