Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's up for this week



Well,tomorrow is "Spinners Monday" This happens at my house on the second Monday of the month. We get from three people to eight, I never know because I try to make it a non stress thing, so come if you can. I make a pot of soup, and this month its Black Bean. Most that come will add something to the table, Sandra's bring a salad. I'm making an old Weight Watchers recipe, Coconut Rice Pudding for desert. We have a great time. I'll have something to show, this sweater vest I knit from my home spun. This is some wool mixed with shredded denim blended in. An old friend of mine use to have a carding mill, and she would take Romney lamb's wool and mix interesting things together. This is the third project that I've spun this mix, each a different color.
this is a natural grey, with blue, white and bits of other colors that came with the shredded denim.
I find that it looks a little masculine looking at these pictures, I guess I'll have to try it on and see.


2 comments:

Carol............. said...

As usual you haven't been doing much! LOL

You aresuch a busy bee....did you have fun with the Jolley's? They will come for a visit later this month.

monica said...

OH how I wish I still lived up in Winthrop! I would have been over today!! Carol and I had lunch today and I told her that you must come visit! I am getting a loom and you ought to come and help me set it up!! :) I do miss Washington!
Monica