Sunday, March 21, 2010

Call me crazy?

Yes you may call me crazy, but I''m pretty sure about what I'm going to tell you. this was a fun week-end, Friday Lonny and I went to Wenatchee, just for a fun day of errands and shopping. The weather couldn't have been better, it was sunny and warm. We had plans to have dinner at the Olive Garden, since a new one was built recently, but when we got there it didn't open till Monday the 22nd. Oh well, so we went to Subway instead. So we got home just when it got dark, and when I came into the house, there on the breakfast bar were two gifts, one was from my friend Katie and the other was from my friend Jan, a very nice surprise, because the next day was my Birthday. Not just any Birthday, my 60th one, yes you read wright. So Saturday was not only my Birthday, but the first day of spring and so Lonny and I did some spring things, like take down the Christmas lights, and put away all the other Christmas stuff. Then we took the tarp off my Dad's trailer and took a look inside, just a couple of bugs, this is good. The best thing of the whole day was, while we were taking down the lights, something caught my eye, call me crazy if you like, but there were my blue birds flying in and out of the Blue Bird house, and you ask, "How do you know it's your Blue Bird" Well last summer. for those who may not know, I got very friendly with the pair that nested, I fed them worms, and when I did I would always call the female bird Mama, and she would fly to the fence post were the dish I would feed her in would have been. So when I saw them I said " Mama is that you, and she flew to the fence post and sat there waiting for some worms, and she wasn't afraid when I walked near by and talked to her. My heart is full of happiness, because I will be able to enjoy having Mama and Papa bird and their families to come this summer. We also added another nesting box for the off spring from last summer, ten live babies, lets hope all goes well for them this summer. Now I will digress, a week ago Saturday was spinning over the Mt. to Omak. This time it was at Diane's house. Now I had never been to Diane's, but I was really looking forward to it. She lives on property that was home stead by her Father's family, and Diane and her husband and kids have been building a house there near the old homestead. Well the road that you drive on to get there is right off of Hwy 97,but it's eighteen miles up the Mt. My friend Teresa drove, so her and her two little ones and I headed on up there. The land scape went through a lot of changes over the miles, but when you got to the top, and I mean to the top, it was awesome. Here was this big Victorian type house sticking up in the sky, and mostly nothing else around it, but a few out buildings. It was flat, and when you looked across the land you saw sky, and it was a beautiful warm sunny day with just a few clouds. This was a very nice adventure and fun to see Diane's home and she's a kind and a warm welcoming friend. So for a spinning project to take and do while there, I spun some fiber I got in Oregon, the fiber is Pygora. This is a breed that started out as a cross between a Pygmy goat and Angora got, which produces Mohair. So what you end up with is a small fiber producing little goat, and they are so cute and fun, and I really like their fiber. Another thing I had to say was one year ago this month, I join a weight loss club here in the valley, and a this point I have lost 42Lbs, I still have some to lose, but I'm feeling really good about the whole thing.
Lichen hangs off the cliffs to Diane's

Rock formations at Diane's, made by 1 mile deep ice glaciers


Diane's Ranch



1oz Skein of Pygora




5 comments:

Carol............. said...

You are always so full of information!

Grammy said...

Happy Birthday Auntie!! Glad you had a wonderful bday!

Love you..
Cheryl

Katie said...

That's so cool that the bluebird family came on your birthday!

Jan said...

Oh Diana, I love your blog posts and no, you aren't crazy--you are just a sweet, talented lady who loves God's critters and they love you back. Happy Birthday, again! You get to celebrate ALL month, don't forget. :-)
<3,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Oh Diana! I love the Blue bird story! You are a dear friend! I just love you! Love, Dianne