Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Won !

I won this Pendleton blanket, isn't it nice. I bought a raffle ticket from a friend to support the school districts bowling championship. What was interesting is, I have a Pendleton poster that is on the wall in front of my treadmill, it has all the blanket designs they have used for the last 100 yrs. So while I'm walking I can look at all the beautiful blankets, and this one I knew was called The Spirit Salmon. I love it, but won't be able to use it because I have a cat, and seems the cat hair finds it's way to everything. So this last week I went to the coast, to help my youngest son out. Many of you know that five and a half years ago, at the age of thirty two he had cardiac arrest, we almost lost him. He has now recovered, and the battery in his defibrillator- pacemaker was at it's end and needed to be replaced. So last Monday was the big day, and all went well. I just talked to him and our Grand Daughter, and they just got back from Hiking, he said it feels fine. So every Spring we get lots of Eagles, and this year is no different. When I got home from the Coast Wednesday we had about six adults and two immature Eagles. Unfortunately a deer had to die, probably from a car, and it was in the field below us. Our place sits on a bench above a large ranch, and in our sight from the back yard is a large Ponderosa Pine, that grows on the land below us, so we can see the middle and the top real easily. Yesterday they were just hanging out on the tree, and I just caught this on taking off. They are a beautiful sight to see.


On a different subject now, this is a web site that someone sent me a link to, and boy is it the greatest. She has developed hundreds of recipes, that are low calorie and has the points for those who follow Weight Watchers, give it a try,www.ginasweightwatchersrecipes.com


I have also been doing some weaving, I have yarn that I got when I worked years ago for a local yarn store in Everett, Wa. Over the years I've used a lot of it up, or given it away, but this was a good yarn of worsted wool, called German town. So I think I had planned on an Afghan sort of thing but now I think it may become fabric. We shall see, and continue my stash reduction.



5 comments:

Carol............. said...

Hey! Great post! Glad that your son is doing well.........

Carol J. and I visited Monica in Oatman and she wants you to come visit me here in AZ so she can meet you!

Be sure to check out her new stuff on Just Ducky, one your followers.

Can't wait to see you this summer!

Diana said...

Hello Carol! Thanks, I sometimes think about that day five plus years ago, and thank our lucky stars he surrvived.
I would love to know Monica too. Tell her I love her blog, and wish she too could write more often, but with three little ones that can be close to impossible.
Hope to see you this summer!!!
L.A.M.

Fonnell/Grammie/mom said...

That's a beautiful winning! How fun is that! And thanks for the food website. You know my struggle and every little thing helps. I miss you a bunch.

Holly said...

Love the blanket and your current weaving project! And thanks for the recipe link.

Anonymous said...

Diana, that is a fantastic picture of the eagle taking off!