Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hello, I'm still here knitting in the Methow!

Manure producer ! So cute Square knitting needles

Weeds in the garden, house and Dads' trailer in back ground



Yes it's true, I'm still alive and well. I thought you were all tiered of my ramblings. So I thought I would give you a break, so here I go. So many things have happened since I last posted, a couple of things I remember is Jay and Vicki coming over here to their cabin, and what a great visit we had.Then I remember going to spin at Conconully, and what a beautiful day that was. Katie came with me, then we meet Ingrid and Mary and drove the Conconully Hwy. the hills were just gorgeous covered with the yellow Daisy that grows prolific here.The sun was shinning and you couldn't ask for more. We met at Elaine's house, that she alone has remodeled from an old log cabin to a beautiful log cabin. She is also a dog musher and a potter, also a weaver. There were thirteen of us and it was a lively group. Betty Jo Roberts was there and she was full of lots to tell us. For those of you who don't' know who she is, well shes a weaving loom builder and she also builds beautiful spinning wheels and has done this for years. There is a Yahoo group that is for Betty Jo Roberts, you should look it up if your interested in such a interesting person. Shes' ruff and ready at all times with a heart of gold. I haven't gone to my knitting groups much, they kinda wind down this time of the year cause people get busy with outdoor things. I'm still going to line dancing though and I still love it. Oh, I forgot to mention that Betty Roberts showed us her newest invention, square knitting needles, straights and circular . She said that she has had trouble for years due to Arthritis in her hands she could no longer knit, she also has a digit missing on her right hand, now how this happened I'm not sure. So I bought a circular from her and asked her what size the needle was and she said "I don't know" so I looked at it and said it's about a 5 or a 6, she said" looks about right to me".Betty says she can knit again now with these square needles. I gave then a try and they do work very well, but the edges sort of made my hands sore. So I've been getting serous about the veggie garden, I'm not sure what I'm going to plant yet, but first the weeds need to come out and the goat manure goes on, then rototiller it. My Dad was helping me today, I really welcome the help. Lonny was gone to the coast this last Friday and Saturday, he went to surprise his Mom with some of his other siblings for her 87th Birthday, and also to pick up some more of his stuff he's had farmed out over there. While he was gone, my Dad and I went out to dinner in Whinthrop at a place I've mentioned before "Vittles", it was so good. Then on Saturday we went to the Saturday Market in Twisp, this market is a fun place to go, and more so as the growing season goes on.It's been very windy here, so that drys things out really fast, so I'm watering allot already. I've been hiking down to the river almost every day, I love this walk, I see and hear so many wonderful things. Hope you've had a great April and have an even greater May! How'd we get from Jan to May so fast? Love you all "Knits Plenty", Diana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I love your site! I tried to send an answer before but you were having trouble. The Guild day at Conconullly was so nice, I just love our ladies. I'm weaving like crazy and having a wonderful time. Spring is my favorite time of the year.

I would like to visit the store over there you showed on the website. My niece is always asking if I need a day off and I would like to have her come so I could come over your way, I would like to see you for lunch and a visit to the store, how does that sound? Keep up the great site.

Big Hug, Marilynn

Holly said...

Hey kiddo -- I'm glad you are back in the "blog-saddle". Gained too much weight while in AZ -- eating fry bread tacos -- so I'm back to counting points.