Friday, April 13, 2007

Time flies when your busy having fun!

My finished Tea Cozy, the center is woven in Huck spot lace then embroidered. The final woven lace projects! If only you could see these in person !
Sam in Winthrop, looks like she hitching for a ride up north, hmm.


Easter Bunnie!





Wednesday the fourth of April , Jens and Samantha arrived around three in the afternoon. It was so good to see them, and My Dad arrived a little before them. So then we spent time getting his trailer really for another summer.Then that evening we all had dinner together, it was nice. The next day Sam and I went to town to have your coffee time together, she got to see the owners of "Cool Beans" in Twisp and had a nice visit. They told her when she's old enough she can get a summer job there.Like every Thursday it was Guild day for the Methow Valley Spinners and Weavers.It's a slow day of the month were we get together and just talk about anything. Then Friday morning we had horse back riding lessons with Lori, and Lori surprised me again by inviting me to ride too. It was such a beautiful warm day, we spent alot of time grooming the horses for this was thier first ride of the year and boy they were dirty and hairy. That was great fun! Jens love astrology, and brought his telescope with him because on a clear night you can see stars forever. We did see Saturn with its rings, that was so awesome. Saturday morning early we went to an Easter egg hunt at Perrigan Lake near Winthrop, it was set up really nice and had an Easter bunny for the kids to get pictures with, Sam is ten and was in that age group, but Lucky for them there weren't that many kids, so they got lots of fun things in there Easter Eggs. Friday the 6th was my Dad's Birthday, 85. So Saturday we had a Birthday/Easter dinner , with ham etc.Then Sunday morning came and it was over, Jens and Sam had to leave, but I told Sam it won't be that long befor she will be back. Love you Sam! So then Monday was Spinners Monday at my house and we had a great time visiting, Laurie brought her Icelandic sheeps fiber that she had prossed into roving, and it is just beautiful.There's nothing like sharing an interest with people and sharing ideas.I love these Mondays. So after Monday it was crunch time, the Guild challenge poroject is due on the 9th. So lesson are learned when you put off what you had a year to accomplish. I didn't get it done till the last minute and I suffered for it. If anything could go wrong it did. I finished it , and I must say it turned out just fine and was a hit at the unveiling of our projects. So Dad took me out to dinner and we went to "Mick and Mickes" for hamburgers and a beverage, Mmmmm good.So tonight Dad and I are going to the Native American feather dance put on at the Merc Playhouse in Twisp, I'm looking forward to it. I did finish the other Nordic style mitten and they turned out fab. Now I must get my shawl done and start working in the vegetable garden, cause next moth I'm going with Vicki to "The Stehekin Valley Ranch" for the spinning rendezvous, Opps thats in June, well what can I say I'm excited! Happy April and keep on keeping on! knits Plenty

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ohhh I love your tea cozy! The addtition of the embroidery is a touch that makes it really special.
The other guild members treasures are very lovely, too.