Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm having grass envy !

Towels on the loom, the pattern is "Monks Belt" Instant Grass

Putting down the top soil



Well after much moving of rocks and dirt, then adding top soil, Saturday Dad and I drove to Wenatchee and picked up some sod. Got home around three and Lonny had it all down by dinner time, instant grass. So it seems now we are having grass envy and are thinking about looking into hydro seeding, so more about that later. Well I got my towels going and I'm enjoying the process of weaving them. I really like to go to my weaving room and put on some nice relaxing music and just get in the zone. It helps that there's nothing worth watching on T. V. I'm also reading a trilogy about a young Norwegian girl growing up in the medieval time of Norway. The first book is called "The Wreath" second is "The Wife" and last"The Cross". The name of the author is Sigrid Undset. I enjoyed the first one very much and I'm just starting the second and so far it's good too. Well yesterday was Spinners Monday here at the house and we had a very good turn out, there was eight of us all together and we had a wonderful visit. Afterwards Katie and I went for a walk on the good ole Munday Rd. the road I walked on all last summer and I missed doing that, so it was really nice to start that habit again. Today I'm trying really hard to get the last of the garden planted. It was cold this morning, only forty eight degrees, but it did warm up quickly. Some bad news, I have two friends here that husbands are having serious health problems. My friend Val who is my T.O.P.S. Buddie and a member of the weavers guild, husband George has had a very serious stroke, and my friend Diana's husband just last night went into the hospital with Congestive heart failure. Well all the rest of us can do is keep on keeping on I guess. So I think I'm going to finish the garden and go do some weaving . Love Knits Plenty

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm having towel envy! The grass is cool, but I LOVE the towels. BTY Jan had to have back surgey but is doing lots better now. She has a new email address - I'll send it to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Diana,

Love the grass. I bet gpa is totally enjoying it!

Give everyone my love