Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Second time around

L-R My Dads brother Paul, me and my Dad, standing by our Sun Burst Locus
My line dance buddies, thats me in the middle with the groovy hat!


Now this is knitting in the Methow!





Well maybe two times is a charm, because last night I had my whole posting all done I was down loading the pictures and playing solitaire too, and boom, I clicked on something wrong, and bam it was all gone. So here I am again, and my story hasn't changed. Last Friday was the big live band at the Whinthrop Red Barn, which is were allot of functions are held in the area. This was our first opportunity to try out what we learned at our line dance lessons. Great fun was had by all, we did find the music live was allot faster than we were use to, but we were warned about that. All in all we did very well, but we just heard yesterday that our dear teacher Debbie has an injury to her foot and may take the summer off (excuses, excuses). No really, we couldn't have asked for a better more patient person. This blog is suppose to be about knitting in the Methow, well I've been doing that among other things too. I just finish a hat and mitten set out of my hand spun of wool, this wool had been carded and designed by Linda Frymier , and then I knit another hat out of the same yarn. My next knit project will be some fuzzy mittens similar to the ones I post a while back (blue fuzzy ones). I'm hoping to make a couple of pairs for mine and your favorite gallery " The Ashford Gallery" in beautiful down town Whinthrop! Since the first of May I've been trying to warp my loom for some towels. This has been put back till the last couple of days, for one reason the weather has cooled down and it's been raining, so upstairs to my weaving room I can go. I had only made two threading mistakes and they were easily fixed. So now I'm on my way to about six towels. So my Dad has decided to put some grass around his trailer, so today Lonny rototilled it for him, pictures to come later. This week is "Wednesday Knit Night at the Gallery" I Hope everyone will be there. Hope we get some more rain before the week is out, than it can stop. Have a groovy June! L. Knits Plenty

No comments: