Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another U.F.O.

What's a U.F.O.? Unfinished Object. I have two done in the Quilt category. The latest is the one on the fence. It's made of flannel, so it's extra cozy. I started it before we moved here, so that makes around seven years ago. I have over the last six years picked it up and worked on it, but now it's finished!








The flannel is difficult to work with, because it drags on the machine, your clothes, table. I'm liking it though, and I'm very happy it's done. Now on to the next one, and it's having it's challenges too, but I will get through them, and be done soon with it. There is a little gold colored mitten on one of the blue squares, there's a story to that one. A couple of years ago, I was sewing button's on , a way of quilting, and put the quilt aside for a brief time on the sofa. When I came back to work on it, there seem to be some buttons' missing, and with further investigating, I found some buttons had been mysteriously ripped off. I was left with a tier , well who would have done such a deed? No not the prince of all cats. Well not all was lost, a little patch, made to look like a mitten, with a few little buttons will be a reminder of Jr. He thought he was helping me.

1 comment:

Carol............. said...

What gorgeous quilts! Tried to e-mail you but it came back undeliverable...

The cat looks awfully comfy.