Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holly Cow it's January 2011















What has happened to the time? My last blog was I think in Sept! I can remember some things since then, I think. October I'm not to sure about, but I know in November, I was off to my yearly trek to Port Townsend for Knitting Retreat, and it was the best. Then when I got home all inspired,I knit two small but useful shawls
My retreat buddies!
The one on the left is dark, but has beautiful shades of blues and purple, and that one was given as a Christmas gift. The other one is mine, and I love the convenience of it, and the warmth . It's nice to have something to throw over your shoulders on a chilly day. Boy have we been having some chilly days here. Well at Thanksgiving, we were planning on going to the coast, but I became sick with the flu, not the flu, but you could have fooled me, sore throat, ear aches, chills. Yuck, I can hardly stand to mention it. So off to better things, like snow, we got dumped on after turkey day, we have had a total, now this is a guess, of 38in. I know when the snow was still soft and fluffy, it came up over my knees, and I wasn't touching the the ground. Then their was all the preparations for Christmas and I managed to get through that. So off to the Coast again, and had a very nice time, visiting with Family. When I got home, I decided it was time to finish some projects, so I finished my Quilt. I know the picture is dark, but I didn't use the flash, but the colors are Fall like colors, I love it, it's just beautiful. I just remembered, that I had pieced a table top quilt in Oct. and plan on finishing that one next.
Looks like it's going to be a quilting year. Now this Blog is called Knitting in the Methow after all, so I am working on more knitting projects too. So Happy New Year !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so gifted! Wish I could knit, quilt, etc. like you. You amaze me with your talents.
We are in Guyana working in the library and will start teaching on Monday. We get back home the 22nd night and then off to India on the 25th of Jan. until the 2nd of March. So we are on the road again. Love you and pray you have a wonderful 2011! Thanks for making Christmas special for Mom by being there with her. She loved it!