Monday, February 16, 2009

I had the best time !




Well, I know I'm a little late to talk about Valentines Day, but mine was so unexpected. That morning after Lonny and I got moving, and he headed out the door the phone rang, and it was my friend Jan, www.thebigredbarn.blogspot.com/ ; she said she was close to my house and had tried to call earlier, but I was talking to my Dad, and wondered if I was willing to run off to the bakery with her for goodies. Well anyone who knows me knows I'm all ways ready for something special. She all so had to drop her Golden Retriever Molly off at the groomers. This is a bakery that is very popular with the tourist, but especially with the locals. The Cinnamon Twisp Bakery is the place to go, they offer other things too, like soups and sandwiches. We had the best visit and time to talk about stuff. Thank you my dear friend for such a great surprise. Then I went home and made my sweetie some cookies. Later we (Lonny) and I went to Moon and Diana's house to pick up a exercise bike that I had lent them a couple of years ago, but they haven't been using it, so I thought I'd better, and we'll leave it at that.
So this week end I did some dyeing, and this is what I came up with, very festive. This is a sock weight yarn that I got from Knit Picks a mail order place for yarns and tools for knitting, they have a great catalog www.knitpicks.com This is 100% Merino wool and I'll probably make some socks out of it, I thought about using it for a woven scarf, but it's just to stretchy. I'll walk you through the process of how I did this later this week, it's very easy and fun, but not precise, for those who need to be that way. My pictures haven't been very good lately and I got to looking at my camera and the lens is really scratched. Mmmm when is the next holiday I could use for an excuse to go to the bakery, oh I know tomorrow is Wednesday, that would be a good reason! Oh yeah, I'm suppose to be using my exercise bike, well after maybe.

2 comments:

Shep and Jan Kuester said...

We did have a great time, didn't we? You're such a great friend, Diana. BTW, I LOVE how your yarn turned out. Think I need to order some and give it a whirl.

Carol............. said...

That yarn's pretty snazzy in color...I like it. Glad you like my thrift shop finds pictures! AND....OOOOOHHHH......yes...I remember that bakery well, yummmm.
Know anyone that wants to be in a blog header drawing? Refer..refer
(one e) got till the 20th.
LYM