Sunday, February 22, 2009

What kind of customer service do you expect?

I was just reading a blog, www.myhomecoknblog.blogspot.com, and she was relating a story about customer service that she had received. Well this brought to mind a recent situation that happened to us on a trip to the coast, to visit the family especially our Grand Daughter. Well we, my husband and I decided we would go out to dinner with our youngest son and our G. Daughter. They wanted to go to Ivar's, sounded good to us because sometimes over here we get a craving for some good fast food, mind you Ivar's isn't and inexpensive meal out for what you get, and being on retirement income and our son watches his money really close. So we get there and my son and G.D. order and I said I would pay for it, so after they order I had ask Sam what she had ordered and she said chicken. Well I got chicken stuck in my head, so when I was making the order for us I guess I kept saying chicken instead of fish, well the smart #~% kid at the counter kept saying we don't have chicken on that menu and I just wasn't getting it through my head that I was saying chicken, so instead of saying to me, mam do you mean chicken of fish, but she wasn't nice at all about it. So finally my family said, "you keep saying chicken" So I apologised and then thought we had fixed the mistake in the order, till we actually got it at our table. So here's this big plate of chicken, I look up at the person who had delivered it and said " I thought we got this all figured out. She wasn't the girl who took the order, but right away she started to argue will us, she looked at my husband and said" I was standing right there when you ordered chicken, I heard it." My husband said back to her, " You didn't hear me make an order because I didn't make an order she did," pointing to me. I said don't worry about it, because our G.D was there and I didn't want there to be a scene. Well after we ate our meal, our son took the recipe and went up to the counter to tell them that they didn't handle this very professionally, and they started to yell at him, and the girl who delivered our food was the night Manager, she took some money out of the register and gave it to him for the chicken dinner. Then told him that we were being kicked out! So we left and she open the door an screamed something at us. Well we took care of her, and contacted the store manager and the district manager and the corporation....... and were satisfied with the way it turned out. We at no time gave them one bit of grief when we were there eating. Oh yeah, the N. manager said that the other near by Ivar's served horse meat. So these people must not find their jobs necessary. Well that was the short of it, but you get the idea. Today I'm going to make bread and do some weaving and forget about bad customer service. Diana

4 comments:

Nancy Cook said...

OMG- I really hope that Ivar's fired that manager. That is inexcuseable and certainly not the way they would want their customers treated.
-Nancy
www.myhomecook-n.blogspot.com

Carol............. said...

Good grief, you just can't stay out of trouble, can ya!!! hahahaha

Holly said...

That's way beyond bad customer service -- that's customer abuse!
I'm glad you all followed up on it and didn't let it pass.

Carol............. said...

Almost Happy Birthday!