Friday, February 6, 2009

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Opps







I caught tis little lady busy flying around the flowers on a warm summer day! She's just beautiful.


















Today I decided to look back on some of my favorite photos that I have had in my blog over the last two and a half years.






Starting with this one of the Eagle. We have this huge Ponderosa Pine right smack in the middle of our NW facing view, so when there is an unfortunate dear killing near by the Eagles seem to use this tree to rest in. Just last month we had two pairs of Golden Eagles and a pair of Bald Eagles. The Golden Eagles are by far much bigger than the Bald, but their both incredible to be so close to them and see them up close.










This was a really fun fall afternoon , my friend Katie and I had gone over to Conconully Wa to spin with our spinning guild over in that Okanagan-Omak area. Before we headed home we drove a little further north to a Lake Osoyoos. half of this lake is in Canada, so we were very close to the border. This Lady raised Alpacas on the lake, and she was selling out to move to California, And was selling all of her herd and fleeces. I got the most beautiful fleece, about the color of the little guy on the right. That was a very fun day.





Her in the Methow Valley, it's considered High Desert. So I think it means we have the best of both things, the Alpine like Mt's. and Pine trees and a hot dry summers. This is called a Rock Rose, not everyone has them in their yards, but we have the honor of having them in ours. They grow really close to the ground, and have no leaves, just these beautiful pink bursts of pink in morning and then they close up in the evening.





















This is a fond memory of snowmobiling with our Son and Grand Daughter a couple of winters ago. We just rode around our property, but we had a blast. Sam will be Thirteen this year, it's hard to believe.

















This is a picture of our Sunburst Locus Tree. Those people are L to R my Uncle Paul, me and my Dad. This was taken in late spring a couple of years ago. I was thinner then, oh well so it goes.

This year I'm not sure if Dad will be back, because since he left for the winter he has found out that he needs a four way bypass. He's made the decision at the age of almost 87 he's not going to have it done. Well who knows what what we would do if we were in his shoes. We will find out when it gets closer to summer.




So the things I have to look forward to in the near future is, having our Son and Grand Daughter visit at the end of March, my 59th Birthday on the 20th, the weavers conference in Spokane. Especially hearing from old and new friends on my blog, don't be afraid to leave a message.

Hope you enjoyed looking back with me! L. Diana Knits Plenty




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to see your photos! You have some really neat ones there :-) The shot of the butterfly is just beautiful, and the one of the eagle is really stunning too! They were all neat to see. Thanks for sharing those :-)

Carol............. said...

AAAhhhhh, and there you are!
As always I love your pictures. The snowmobile one made me a little nostalgic of our Methow cabin, friends and laughs, remember?!

Will see you this summer for sure!