Monday, January 22, 2007

January the slow month!


Boy this month has been so slow. It just stays cold,I don't think it's gotten above 25 for what seems like such a long time.
But here in a place place like the Methow Valley there's no excuse for being bored.For me going to my Spinners and Weavers guild is a great change in my attitude being with people that have the same interest and excitement for the same things is invigorating.Here we have winter sports that are fun such as snow shoeing. My friend Katie and I went snow shoeing Saturday. We traveled up Valley, almost to the end of the road were they close the gate on hwy 20 over the north Cascades.I need to go back to the start,this is an organized hike and starts at the Freestone Inn. There were five other hikers and two guides.This took about two hours and was just beautiful.We also spotted the tracks of different wild life and identified trees. Boy what a workout. I thought I was going to be sore the next day,I wasn't! So then that evening we got a call from ours friends Moon And Diana. They asked us if we would like to meet them in Twisp for a concert put on by the organization Cascadia,this organization supports local talent in the area. So we went and had a great time. So many talented people here.
So the picture is proof that I do go out in the cold and enjoy it.So it's off to my studio to do some weaving today, then do some boring everyday stuff like go to the post office etc. So fine something you love to do and take the time and Do It! Diana

No comments: