Monday, March 12, 2007

March has been exciting!

Color and weave towells with twill structure.
Ingrid, with her hand woven blanketsKiki learning to knit with M. J. Kiki has red hair.






Well here it isn't even the middle of march and it has been exciting! Lets see, last Thursday was the Methow Valley Spinners and Weavers guild meeting and it was exciting. Kay Reiber, has broken ground for a new building next to her house that will house a studio for her and a large room for the guild to rent from her. This building will be so nice. For one thing the floors will be heated, so during the winter our little feet will stay warm. Room for all the guild looms and library. So back to the guild meeting, Kay gave a lesson on color and weave. We also did some practicing drawing draw downs of different weave structure. This I kinda knew about cause the towels I sold at the guild sale last nov. were a color and weave with a twill structure. Are you impressed? Ha Ha. Any way it was very interesting. We also had a great show and tell, so many beautiful things.




So then there was Friday and I was taken out to lunch and a nice walk.




Then came Saturday, Jan came and picked me up, then we went and picked up Diana, and we all headed up over Loup Loup pass to Omak. Did the Wally World stop, then went to Ingrid's house for a great day of spinning and enjoying each others company. Ingrid has the most lovely house in what I would call a canyon, surrounded by huge rock hills that are awesome when the sun shines,cause there are so many beautiful colors that come out. That day went by so fast, what a great time.




Then today, Monday was spinners here at my house. The month of March is my anniversary of moving here and this month is two years. So we have a pot luck, it's kinda my way of throwing a party for me and everyone brings food, pretty good huh. It's been two really fast great years. To add to it, the snow almost disappeared today. I'm a bit worried that we will get some flooding, I'll let you know.




I'm so disappointed cause line dancing was canceled tonight. I Really love line dancing,It's such a great way to exercise and not know your exorcising.




I wanted to mention who was here today for our celebration, Diana,me,Jan,Sara,Ingrid,Katie,and Laurie. Thanks to you all for such a great day.




Oh! I for got at Ingrid's we got a new person who lives in Omak and she wants to learn to spin, knit and weave etc. Her name is Kiki. So welcome Kiki and happy spinning to you. And happy spinning to you too. Diana

2 comments:

Holly said...

I can't believe it has been 2 years since you moved over the mountain -- I know you love it over there but I sure wish you were closer!

Holly said...

I can't believe it has been 2 years since you moved over the mountain -- I know you love it over there but I sure wish you were closer!