Sunday, March 4, 2007

Welcome March

Last years challenge ! Fat quarter bag

Woven hounds tooth scarves.

Groovy air balloons!





Welcome to March. This is the month we know for sure that it's close to spring. Even if the weather doesn't cooperate. There are many things going on in this valley, and last night we went to one of them. First we went out to dinner in Winthrop at a place called Vittles a cowboy cafe.We have been there once before and had a great meal then and had a great dinner last night. It has a great feeling of being in the west, try it some time. Then in the town of Winthrop there was a air balloon show, where three balloons are on main st. and when it's dark they make the balloons glow. Now this is a whole weekend of ballooning but we just go to this event. I haven't been totally idle lately. I did Finnish these three scarfs that are wove of baby alpaca and silk in a hounds tooth pattern. In total Iv' made seven since before Christmas. I'm done with hounds tooth, stick a fork in me I'm done! Then because I do miss working with fabric and need to Finnish a Quilt I started I decided to sew a small project just to get the hang of my sewing machine again. I made this bag that's called the fat quarter bag. It's huge and holds allot of stuff. This project turned out really well so now I'm ready to Finnish my quilt. But first I've got to also get started on my challenge project for the spinners and weavers guild. Every year the guild has a challenge project, last year we did a really fun one. We each got a photo that was draw out of a sealed envelope. Then we did some color studies. Then it was up to us to choose a project to do from all of this. So this year it's woven lace. It's not like the lace you have on a pillow case or on a handkerchief. So I have lots in mind as to what I'm going to do. I'm all most done with the mittens I'm knitting accept the last thumb. Then I have some hand spun I'm going to make a pair of mittens in the Norwegian style. I can't wait! So the rest of this week is same ole same ole. Monday night line dancing we've learned the electric slide, The rose,The cowboy strut and The smooth oh yeah the Cha Cha. Next Saturday I'm going to try to go to my guild meeting over in Omak again. Sighning out, Knits Plenty Diana

1 comment:

Holly said...

Your woven hounds tooth scarves are TOTALLY Terrific. You inspire me to dig the loom out fromo under all the yarn and books sitting on it and WARP ON!