Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The word inspire



Sometimes I only write once a week or maybe every other week, but today I was so inspired to write again today. Why do you ask am I so inspired to write again. Well, do to a call from my older son Ely I was inspired to think of who influenced me (that's another word to think about another time.) Who has inspired me. So then I had to shrink that thought down to a couple of subjects only, knitting & spinning. What Ely had told me was, a friend of his, who may be reading, this told him that I had inspired her when she was still in her teens, when she experience seeing some of the knitting and spinning that I had done. That she now in her very early thirties has taken up the inspiring art of knitting and had her first spinning lesson just last week. I am moved, because you never think that you could be an inspiration to others, except maybe your kids, be that good or bad. I was born with the need to hold some kind of needle, be it sewing or knitting or even the crochet hook. I begged my mom for a sewing needle so I could fashion a dress for my dolls, at the age of six I learned to knit from my Mother. I then taught my friend Lynn to knit and we would sit together even then in my little rocking chairs and watch cartoons on a Saturday and knit. So I guess I could say my Mom inspired me just from watching her. Than in High school she taught me to crochet. Instead of studying in study hall I would crochet squares for an afghan.Than when the kids were little and needing some kind of use of a needle I took up knitting again. So soon I was on my way to a wonderful journey. I was so inspired by Elizabeth Zimmerman, I bow down to you. Thank you so much for inspiring me. I could go on and on about her and so could so many other people. I think some times just a smile to a stranger can inspire, or a kind hello, but to think all those years ago this young girl just happen to know a guy who's mother is a knitter and a spinner and was inspired. I'm moved to tears. Who has inspired you today? Thanks Ely for the call, you inspired me to remember that someones might be paying attention and you may not know it and not find out for years to come. Knits Plenty (spinning I'll have to tackle another day)

No comments: