Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mittens and Eagles

The majestic bald eagle
The mittens


Yesterday was beautiful and warm. I went for a walk and wore my beautiful new mittens that I just finished. I wanted to wear them before it gets to warm. Yesterday I also saw a beautiful sight of wildlife.There are lots of deer here in this valley and sadly there are many killed by cars. There was one deer dead not to far from our house near the hwy, and it attracts different kinds of animals such as coyote, and all kinds of birds including vultures and eagles. Well I was distracted by something outside and there eye level in a tree in our back yard were two huge immature bald eagles and two mature bald eagles. Where is Jr.? Well when I called him he came running like a bat outta hell. So then I got my video camera out and spent some time capturing some footage. They are so awesome to watch, and majestic but they kill pets. So this makes me crazy to have them sitting right there not 20 feet away. Of course Jr. is band to the house for his own safety. They aren't even afraid of people not even if you holler, scream or bang pots and pans they just look at you like you're crazy. So I can only hope they finish up their fabulous meal and move on. I really do feel lucky to see such a beautiful sight. So enjoy your surroundings, take a look above your nose once in a while and maybe you'll see something as awsome too. So I started my hand spun Norwiegin style mitten and I think it will be pretty cool. Knit on! Diana


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures today! Here we are in Seattle at the Ballard Locks, looking at lots of seabirds and many herons. No eagles, though! Say hi to the weavers & spinners for me. See you Monday!

Holly said...

An amazing photo -- thanks for sharing.